[TYPO3-Solr] Pages being removed from the index queue when access groups are added/removed

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sat Dec 13 19:42:13 CET 2014

Hi,

On 12/12/2014 19:11, Lucas wrote:
> I’m having trouble understanding why items are being removed from the index queue
> when one adds or removes a group in the “access” tab of the page’s preferences. I’ve
> narrowed the behaviour down to this particular line (GarbageCollector.php L154 at 832a08d):
>
> 	http://bit.ly/1wjgBQn
>
> Since this seems to be intentional I’m asking here before filing a bug. Is there a
> specific reason while I would want to remove a page from the queue in this
> situation? How would I make sure that the access change (which influences
> which users can see a page in the search results) gets indexed?

The actual issue in line 393:
https://review.typo3.org/gitweb?p=TYPO3CMS/Extensions/solr.git;a=blob;f=Classes/GarbageCollector.php;h=5b48a8e78321344f1abb1850b6a9c60e684a09c5;hb=HEAD#l393

If access for a content element or page translation changes the garbage
collector removes all documents for the page uid from the index and
marks the page for re-indexing.
This is correct behaviour; for each fe group (and the virtual "group"
not logged in) a document is present in the index with the content that
is visible for that fe group. All these documents are removed and the
page is re-indexed to make sure the correct versions for the various
groups are present in the index.

If you change the access for a page the document(s) also get removed
from the index, but in that case also the page is removed from the index
queue (on line 393). In case of changing access this last part is not
correct.

Please file a bug report for this.

--
Jigal van Hemert