[TYPO3-Solr] Indexing custom Items

hard.one Software GmbH mphanke at hardone-it.ch
Thu Oct 3 10:15:01 CEST 2013

Hi all

thanks to your hints, I was able to trigger the update via API.

Looking at the discussion and using the API, I would like to comment it
in short.

Basically what I did is using a hook for the fe_users update and create
to index new and updated users. BUT: I wanted to control the way what
changes leed to an reindexing the user's record. This was made possible
via the API call.
Same thing is for my custom items - not every change / update needs to
trigger reindexing.

I'm a "control freak" - if it is in my hands and tools are provided to
implement something the way I imagine it should be, then I really
appreciate it.
Of course basic things like content and pages, should be indexed
automagically. But this is, from my point of view, a basic requirement
when using a CMS.
Doing to much automagic might be good for basic users - but for "power
users"? In my eyes: It is no good. I have an API - I use it. And I
believe this is a flexible and convienient way. And the most important
thing: it is no effort to index the stuff, just two lines...

For me it is good the way it is - there are other things bugging me a
lot more then the index updating of items, multi-language indexing with
domain per language for example.

Best

Martin