[TYPO3-Solr] Indexing custom Items

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 09:44:42 CEST 2013

Hi!

Stephan Schuler wrote:
> This is a good point on one hand. If you consider Extbase as privileged frontend mechanism to be covered by Solr, then we should do the same for the old fashioned way.
>
> But the other hand is: Using plain pi_base has several other drawbacks that are really unfriendly to integration of data and handling of them inside of TYPO3.

There are other ways to write extensions beyond pibase and Extbase.
Extensions do not have to depend on those.

What I am trying to say is that it would be good if Solr docs had a chapter
for extension authors about using Solr from extensions. It is easy to
notify Solr about data changes (just one API call). However this API call
now does not check that the data should be indexed, it just blindly puts
the record into the queue. Thus the API is not very useful.

Solr has a TCEmain hook, which makes such check. That check should be moved
to API level. Than it will be easy for extension authors to use the API
without doing more checks.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Today is a good day to have a good day.