[TYPO3-Solr] SOLR, tt_news and file attachments

Jan info at bworx.de
Wed May 29 18:46:24 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am planning to build a document database. I would like to be able to use
categories and file attachments so I thought tt_news in combination with
SOLR might be a good idea since there don't seem to be any sophisticated
document-database-extensions that allow for keywords, categories, sorting by
date and a search function with filters (category, date, keywords) +(or do
you know of any?).

I'm wondering, will SOLR also index the attached files?

I found this setting whilst searching :
plugin.tx_solr.index.queue.tt_news.attachments.fields = news_files

Does that mean file indexing of tt_news attachments is implemented? Will it
search through pdf/word files and add the content to the keywords for this
news entry? I read about File-Detectors-for-frontend-indexing but couldn't
find any further info on how to implement such a Detector. The wiki page on
this doesn't list tt_news specifically.

Can anyone help me out?

TL;DR: Does SOLR for TYPO3 support indexing the content of tt_news
attachments? If not how can I implement it (any manuals?)?

Thanks a lot

Regards

Jan