[TYPO3-Solr] [ANN] Solr Usability contest started

Alexandre Rafalovitch arafalov at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 15:09:56 CEST 2013

Hello.

I wanted to do a follow-up after the contest has been running for a week.

It has been going relatively well. There was a lot of visitors last week,
then a bit of quiet and then - after some of you re-announced the contest -
a second wave of activities. Thanks to everybody contributing and
promoting. Certainly, the introductory blog article got a lot of readers.

In terms of specific ideas, there were not as many yet. Perhaps it is hard
to think of an idea when staring at an empty page. Therefore, I have just
added a number of ideas of my own that hopefully will trigger additional
contribution. Some of these come from suggestions/complaints I have seen on
various Solr forums, some might be quite original.

Please visit and contribute. And even if you don't have any ideas of your
own, come and vote for the idea most useful to you, now, in your current
work. Or in that dream Solr project that you got stuck on and had to pause.

The forum's direct url is: http://solrstart.uservoice.com/

Regards,
   Alex.

- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)