[TYPO3-Solr] [ANN] Solr Usability contest started

Alexandre Rafalovitch arafalov at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 05:03:46 CEST 2013

Hello,

As mentioned a week ago on Solr User mailing list, I have setup a contest
to collect Solr Usability ideas
(http://search-lucene.com/m/**QMVb129wpXc/<http://search-lucene.com/m/QMVb129wpXc/>
).
It is fully explained in a blog post: http://blog.outerthoughts.com/**
2013/07/announcing-solr-**usability-contest/<http://blog.outerthoughts.com/2013/07/announcing-solr-usability-contest/>

Typo3 is one of the more active PHP-based projects using Solr, so I feel it
would be important to hear your views. Typo3 makes it very easy to start
with Solr and exposes a lot of Solr functionality. Therefore, there is a
need to understand how Solr works, especially for more advanced cases. And,
since Solr is in Java, some of the more advanced functionality is hidden in
JavaDocs and Java-specific issue trackers. This contest tries to make
visible Solr Usability issues you can see by looking at Solr from outside.

I am hoping that this will be announced in several communities that use
Solr. There is a large number of Solr client libraries, CMSs, library
systems and so on that have non-overlapping communities of Solr users. I
think it would be worthwhile to hear their joint opinion on what makes Solr
difficult.

If you are on this mailing list and you also have a community of your own,
feel free to re-announce the contest there in your own words or contact me
directly with your mailing list/group details and I will be happy to do it
there myself.

Regards,
   Alex.
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/**alexandrerafalovitch<http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexandrerafalovitch>
- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)