[TYPO3-Solr] query.boostQuery or query.boostFunction for custom doktype(s)

Hendrik Nadler nadler at simplethings.de
Tue Sep 18 12:06:53 CEST 2012

Hi,

okay thanks a lot, your answer explains the current behavior.

>> "Boost functions work by multiplying the result. These have a very distinct effect which is not depending on the score of the user query."

So do I get this right, I should prefer using a boost function, because its somewhat more "powerful" for my needs (X is way more important than Y than Z)? Does anybody by any chance have an example for such a query?

Thx & regards, Hendrik