[TYPO3-Solr] query.boostQuery or query.boostFunction for custom doktype(s)

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon Sep 17 19:10:07 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 17-9-2012 17:36, Hendrik Nadler wrote:
> Works fine for me, but how do I add multiple boostQueries like
> "(myDoktype_intS:44)^10, (myDoktype_intS:33)^9,
> (myDoktype_intS:55)^8" ?
>
> Do I need a boostFunction here? Im stuck...

Boost queries can be space separated. They work by adding to the overall
score of the user query. The tricky thing is that the score of the user
query may change when other settings are changed. You would also need to
debug a lot of queries to get an impression about the maximum score and
now how much you need to boost.

Boost functions work by multiplying the result. These have a very
distinct effect which is not depending on the score of the user query.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!