[TYPO3-Solr] Boost documents of a certain type even with sorting

Jonas Götze jonnsn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 11:25:48 CEST 2012

Hi Ingo, hi Jigal,

Thank you for your Responses!

 > yes and no. I'd also choose a boost query, but only because that's
 > easier for this case. They do not have higher boosts than a boost
 > function though. It all depends on the configuration/the amount of boost
 > you set.
Actually I already used a boost Query:
plugin.tx_solr.search.query.boostQuery = (type:fe_users)^1000
This results in the behaviour I descriped earlier.
What I haven't set is a boost-Function - did you mean that?
If I have to set a boost-Function - could someone provide me an example
for that? With the manuals its not that clear for me... :(

 > That's a possible way to go too, use a different/custom/own sorting
field.
We tried that too:
sortfield_intS = 1
for fe_users
and
sortfield_intS = 2
for all others.
Then a Query with
sort=title sortfield_intS asc
lists the user at first, but all other results seem to be sorted by
relevance...
Whats wrong? :)

Thanks again for your help on this.

Regards Jonas