[TYPO3-Solr] Multilanguage domains

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 08:51:33 CEST 2012

Hi Ingo!

Thanks for the response! (See also below)

Ingo Renner wrote:
> Am 02.10.12 15:14, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
>
> Hi Dmitry,
>
>> We have a site that we need to index with Solr. The problem is: it uses
>> multilanguage domains from RealURL (L=0 is main domain, L=1 becomes a
>> domain with a french name, etc).
>>
>> Does Solr support these domain names out of the box in any way? If not,
>> could you give a hint what we can do to specify different domain name
>> for URLs in search results depending on the language?
>
> Did you simply try it out? :)
>
> In tx_solr_indexqueue_frontendhelper_PageIndexer the URL is generated
> and set to use in tx_solr_Typo3PageIndexer.
>
> The URL is generated using typolink, so my guess is everything should be
> fine since in this case RealURL jumps in and does whatever it is
> configured to do...

I see that tx_solr_indexqueue_PageIndexer::getDataUrl() just gets the first
domain record, appends "L" if necessary and fetches the URL like that. It
does not work well with conditions based on HTTP_HOST. For example:

[globalString = getIndpEnv:HTTP_HOST = www.example.de]
[globalString = getIndpEnv:HTTP_HOST = www.example.fr]
[global]

What I did so far is a small ext that uses a hook in Solr to get the URL
through the pagepath extension.

Where is tx_solr_indexqueue_frontendhelper_PageIndexer? It is something
FE-related, right?

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Simplicity will save the world.