[TYPO3-Solr] Solr- Configuration

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Wed Sep 14 23:33:57 CEST 2011

Am 14.09.11 20:48, schrieb Tomas Norre Mikkelsen:

> Hi,
>
> I have my first TYPO3 Solr installation for the first time. So I have
> some question, cannot get thinks on queries working.

Hi Tomas,

> I've done following:
>
> * Installed Solr (tomcat) at external-host (from svn)

Can you reach the Solr Server thru http://www.yourhost.com:8080/solr/ ?
Have you used the Installscript to install a Tomcat yourself?

> * Installed TYPO3 solr ext. (from svn)

OK.

> * Inserted static-solr-template a root-page

OK

> * Marked my root-page
> * Configured plugin.tx_solr.solr.* at root-page

Have you entered the Configuration to reach your Solr Server?
Does the Reportmodule indicate that TYPO3 is able to connect to the Solr
Server?

> * Setup Following in scheduler:
>
> ** Index Query Worker (sorl) Root_PID: 1 cron: */2 * * * * (perhaps to
> often, but ok, when testing=
>
> ** Commit Solr Index to remote server cron: */2 * * * * (also to often)
>
> ** Optimize Solr Index cron: 30 2 * * * (once a day should be efficient)
>
> When entering the "search"-module in BE, I have a "select index" in top,
> where i can choose my configuration, so the configuration is recognized.

> Any hints on what i did wrong?

Have you search marker in your template?
Can you install devlog to see

OK. Vital Info for Server please.

Olivier