[TYPO3-Solr] Solr for bigger customer - considerations!?

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Fri Sep 2 12:46:27 CEST 2011

I know what solr is and does - in general. And I was in the workshop
at T3DD10. But I have no practical experiences with solr yet.

We are talking about a website with approx. 50 pagetrees some with up
to 6 languages in some trees. Ca. 2.500 page in summary to be
multiplied by a language factor.

So indexed_search probably isn't the best the solution!? What would
you say?

Right now
we need to answer these questions:
(Q1) How much effort - measured in hours of work - would you
calculate?
(Q2) Is it advisable to switch to the "premium", that is, payed
version? Is that differentiation still alive?

You can answer here or send a PM of course.

@olivier, @ingo: The first link at Forge
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-solr points to
http://www.dkd.de/de/loesungen/apache-solr/ which gives a 404. Perhaps
you may want to change that.,

Thank you!

... and don't forget to answer questions Q1 and Q2. Time hurries ...

--
http:mbless.de