[TYPO3-Solr] Exception while trying to index a page > No Solr instance available

Boris Hinzer b.hinzer at web-vision.de
Wed Aug 10 13:56:02 CEST 2011

On 2011-08-09 16:38:43 +0000, Olivier Dobberkau said:

> Am 09.08.11 17:44, schrieb Boris Hinzer:
>
>> Accessing SOLR through lynx localhost:8080/solr/ works fine.
>> But lynx localhost:8080/solr/admin doesn't work - I guess because of the
>> changed path.
>> We can acesss SOLR interface when we enter "Admin en_core"
>
> Hi Boris,
>
> If you have ssh access to the solrmachine then you could
>
> ssh -C2qTnN -L 7777:localhost:8080 youruser at yourmachine.dot.com
>
> Then you can go to your Browser and enter http://localhost:7777/solr/
>
> There you should a list of your cores.
>
> If you can see them then you should check your settings in typoscript.
>
> like this.
> plugin.tx_solr.solr.path = /solr/production-typo3solr-en_US/
> [globalVar = GP:L=1]
> plugin.tx_solr.solr.path = /solr/production-typo3solr-de_DE/
> [global]
>
> Olivier
>
> PS: If this does not help then contact me in PM so that we can work on
> this together and use the 4 hrs in the EAP Support.

I had to alter ssh request to this to make it work on my mac:
ssh -L 7070:localhost:8080 user at domain.com

After that I was able to get access in browser and see a "Welcome to
Solr!" message.
Then I can see and access "Admin_core_en". So I tried change path to
/solr/core_en/
After that SOLR error messages in dev_log seems to be gone. Although I
don't see any indexing now and search request shows no results.

I will now double check my typoscript.

Regards,

Boris