[TYPO3-RTE] bug? - links between subdomains

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.nl
Sun Apr 30 23:22:13 CEST 2006

Stanislas Rolland wrote:
> Klaus Hinum a écrit :
>>
>> or in other words why is it not possible (or what are the wrong
>> preferences on my installation) to link between two pages, that belong
>> to different domains and just select the page and typo3 adds the
>> CORRECT (not like now the current) domain?
>>
> This is part of the typolink transformation process. The link is entered
> in the RTE with an absolute url. When processed through the
> transformation, if the host part of the url is equal to the host part of
> the current site, the link is considered internal and the url is
> replaced by the page id in the typolink tag. I doubt this would be new
> to TYPO3 4.0. But if you enter an external url to a domain different
> then the current domain, the link should be treated as external. Is it
> not? Unless something goes wrong when the typolink is rendered in the
> frontend? Can you report what the link looks like in the database?

Hi,

I just bumped into the same. In your TS setup you should add
config.typolinkCheckRootline=1. Unfortunately RealURL is not preserved
when linking from one site to another in the same installation. So you
get links like http://www.tackhead.com/index.php?id=20 that should
actually be http://www.tackhead.com/info/ontour/. I do not know what
causes that.

gRTz