[TYPO3-RTE] Opening downloads when clicked in edit mode

Florian Seirer f.seirer at tirol.gv.at
Thu Apr 13 15:01:47 CEST 2006

Hi list!

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but here's my problem:

I just inserted a link to a .doc-file using rtehtmlarea. It works fine
in the FE. So far, so good.

The weird thing is that while I'm editing the content element and try to
place the cursor on the linked text the browser (IE or Firefox, doesn't
matter) opens the file instead. Same behaviour for ppt, xls or exe
files, but not for pdf, txt, jpg or gif.

After disabling the RTE for a moment I saw that
typo3/rtehtmlarea/idontknow inserted the attribute target="_self" to the
link of the affected filetypes (doc etc.). There is no such attribute in
links to pdf files. There is also no such attribute in _any_ of the
links in the FE HTML output.

I'm using rtehtmlarea v1.2.0 on typo3 v3.8.1. This issue occured even on
a fresh typo3 v4.0 installation...

Any ideas?

<Flo>