[TYPO3-RTE] cross-platform rtes

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Apr 3 19:23:30 CEST 2006

Antoine schrieb am 03.04.2006 18:48:

>> So go and do it yourself instead of claiming you could.

> Wow! Such venom! So it seems that there is currently no one interested
> in fckeditor. I note that I made clear that I have just started
> looking at typo3, and that I could be quite wrong. So I was wrong. I
> read on a few posts about people who were using fckeditor with typo3
> based on the extension available in the repository - and they talked
> about making minor adjustments and them not being hard - it would be
> unfair to suggest I was making such a claim, given my stated ignorance
> in the area!
> And I still think it strange no one is interested...

rtehtmlarea don't uses straight HTMLarea: Stanislau took ideas and
features from its fork Xinha and a couple of own tweaks and additions.
Its feature set, tight integration in TYPO3 and the active (and I mean
*ACTIVE*) progress made the last couple of months by the "one-man-show"
Stanislau made rtehtmlarea what it is today: the new default RTE for
TYPO3 4.0.

So I think if you can provide similar development in an alternative RTE,
I'm sure the interest will be there. I know many people that are not
happy with htmlarea because of its performance.

I think the task is not really that easy, but you can count on many
people giving you suggestions and ideas on your way. First try to
contact René Fritz (author of rte_fck2) and see what's the status and if
there is none, try continuing its work!

Cheers and good luck,
Ernesto