[TYPO3-extbase-kickstarter] Suggestion for checking naming conventions during modeling in extension_builder

Nicolas de Haen typo3 at ndh-websolutions.de
Wed Jul 13 13:20:50 CEST 2011

Hi Christian,

it seems there are some problems with the referrer in your mails, since
your suggestion mail "hijacked" your own thread about renaming the
model. That's why I didn't see it.

We already have a validation checking for "reserved words" in place so
if you found that "Interface" is not allowed as Model name we just have
to add it. Please open a bug report in the bugtracker:
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-extension_builder/issues

The property names are converted to database column names and that's why
camelcase is converted to underscore, to avoid duplicates:
familyName should be different from familyname since it's different in
PHP also. On the fly correction via Javascript will be implemented in
the next version with a completely refactored GUI

regards,
Nico
PS:Of course suggestions are always welcome...!