[TYPO3-extbase-kickstarter] Compatibility with different fluid versions

Sebastian Michaelsen sebastiangebhard at hoch2.de
Thu Sep 2 11:55:31 CEST 2010

A big problem of the extbase_kickstarter is that it has to support
different versions of fluid (and extbase).

That means every breaking change in fluid (e.g. renamed methods)
requires the kickstarter to handle the old and the new version of fluid.

For that reason I introduced Tx_ExtbaseKickstarter_Utility_Compatibility
today.

Please have a look at
Tx_ExtbaseKickstarter_Service_CodeGenerator->buildRenderingContext() for
a usage example.

If you (as a extbase_kickstarter developer / patch provider) fix a bug
that results from a fluid or extbase update, please mind to support both
the old and the new version instead of just replacing the call.

It's quite simple and helps to prevent a lot of problems.

Thanks and keep going!

Sebastian M.

P.S.: I'm looking for some feedback for the compatibility changes I made
today. Does it work everywhere?