[TYPO3-doc] A proposal on how to use ReST markup for TypoScript documentation // imageLinkWrap in Tsref

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Jan 4 11:03:41 CET 2013

Hi,

>> I'd like to see the reference as a compact overview of all possibilities
>> and the exact syntax of the various options.
>
> I am not quite sure ... if we have too many documents, then we have to
> maintain them. This is quite a burden already.
>
> I prefer the table at the top for a fast overview and then a manpage like
> structure with longer explanations followed by usage examples.

I'm of the same opinion. With the table at the top for quick reference,
the document is really good to use as a reference again. Having examples
further down on the page does not hinder user experience IMO. Some of
the examples could be made into exercises if needed. But TBH we (the Doc
Team) already excluded TSbyex from our list of maintained manual,
because it's just too much work. Now if somebody wants to maintain it,
they're of course welcome.