[TYPO3-doc] What tool for our meetings?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Jul 25 15:56:15 CEST 2012

Hi Michael,

> - audio conferencing (video not required)
> - free and open source (e.g. GPL?)
> - real time notes (creating minutes) - such as:http://piratepad.net
> - calendar for planning meetings (low priority)
> - up to ??? participants at the same time (e.g. 16)
> - client freely available on Windows, Mac, Linux
> - conference server should fit in current IT infrastructure
> - no Flash client if possible (bad experience with BBB)
>[snip]
> Anyway... we should identify the requirements before looking for a
> solution - or what do you think?

Could be useful in selecting. IMO here are the current requirements:

- what we really, really want is to be able to do a conference call.
This means video is optional and chat is not desirable, although it is
very useful to have besides the audio channel.
- the system must be usable on all platforms.
- the solution must be free.

That's the very least from my point of view. We have a solution for the
note-taking (notes.typo3.org, running Etherpad) and we have a Google
calendar for registering the meeting dates (if we need planning, Doodle
is fine).

The fact that a meeting could not be joined freely would be a drawback,
especially if it requires some kind of account with a platform that
people are reluctant to join (like Google+). OTOH I'm not going to let
that stop me from choosing such a platform, at least temporarily (for
example, until BBB switches to HTML5).