[TYPO3-doc] Available on Google Groups?

Jacob Floyd cognifloyd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 21:09:59 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 9:23 AM, François Suter <fsu-lists at cobweb.ch> wrote:
[snip]

> I'm not familiar with this "group mirror" thing. How does it work? Is it
> something that others can use to of they want?

Yes, others can use the mirrors if they wish. They have to be subscribed to
the mailing list with the same email they use to access google groups.
Then, go into the mailman settings and turn off mail delivery. You should
then be able to send mail through google groups without cluttering up your
email.

For example, here are a few of the mirrors I've created:
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/flow3-general
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/typo3-english
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/typo3-announce

Note that I spoke with someone on the infrastructure team--I can't remember
who--and they said that they were working on creating their own web-based
forum thing at forum.typo3.org, so they wouldn't be spending any time to
fix any potential issues with google groups. I'm on my own for managing
them. But, the forum's not even up and running yet, so that doesn't help
me, and this works great.

Cheers,
Jacob Floyd