[TYPO3-doc] Trouble getting a local rendering

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Jul 1 15:46:52 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I'm (finally) trying to render some reST manual locally. I have followed
the instructions in the wiki:

http://wiki.typo3.org/Rendering_reST_on_Linux

including the (new) step to install the TYPO3 Sphinx theme. I tried to
render one of the official manuals (TCA reference).

I had some problems running sphinx-build, because Macports had appended
a version number to all executables, so I used symbolic links to have:

sphinx-apidoc -> sphinx-apidoc-2.4
sphinx-autogen -> sphinx-autogen-2.4
sphinx-build -> sphinx-build-2.4
sphinx-quickstart -> sphinx-quickstart-2.4

This is still not enough to resolve all problems. When I place myself in
some Git repo's "_make" folder and run "make html", I get the following
errors:

sphinx-build -b html -d build/doctrees  -c . -a -E -w
./_not_versioned/warnings.txt .. build/html
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/opt/local/bin/sphinx-build", line 5, in ?
     from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
   File "/opt/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line
2735, in ?
     working_set.require(__requires__)
   File "/opt/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line
690, in require
     needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
   File "/opt/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line
588, in resolve
     raise DistributionNotFound(req)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: uuid>=1.30
make: *** [html] Error 1

Any ideas what's wrong with my setup?