[TYPO3-doc] Flow & Neos documentation on docs.typo3.org

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Thu Dec 20 21:29:19 CET 2012

Hi Bastian,

really great to have you here. Let me try a little "How to get
Bastian going howto" here :-)

Let's go for these two:

>[1]
>http://git.typo3.org/FLOW3/Packages/TYPO3.TYPO3.git/tree/HEAD:/Documentation
>[2]
>http://git.typo3.org/FLOW3/Packages/TYPO3.FLOW3.git/tree/HEAD:/Documentation

Until the docs server is ready we're using "the poor man's job
queue" where you request rendering by hand.

@all:
Please read this little paragraph (new content!):
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/#trigger-documentation-rendering

So follow that links until you reach:
http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/git.typo3.org/FLOW3/Packages/TYPO3.FLOW3.git.make/
http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/git.typo3.org/FLOW3/Packages/TYPO3.TYPO3.git.make/

Click "request_rebuild.php" to trigger a fresh rendering of the
latest master. The cron job is running every five minutes. If you
reload the page with the file listing you'll notice a
REBUILD_REQUESTED file that serves as flag.

Since this is all preliminary the result is in .../drafts/, which
is public but not linked otherwise:
http://docs.typo3.org/flow/drafts/
http://docs.typo3.org/neos/drafts/

Check the warnings.txt file(s) in the *.git.make folders to find
out what went good or wrong. It it has length zero the result is
perfect: then you've not even got warning.

Some hints:

- Images seem to be missing because you've given absolute pathes:
  Drop the first "/" to make then relative.

- Add a Settings.yml file to your project's ./Documentation folder
  and fill in:
---
conf.py:
  copyright: 2012, Author name(s)
  project: Project name
  release: 1.0.0
  version: '1.0'

  We want to grab that information from the first page of the
  documentation itself. But that function isn't ready yet. So I
  would say you specify that in the Yaml file for now.

- Here we have the interesting case that you actually have three
  manuals in on Git repository:
  http://docs.typo3.org/flow/drafts/TYPO3FlowDocumentation/

  We'll have to agree on how to handle that. Until now we have
  the convention: A project of something has ONE subfolder
  ./Documentation with ONE manual.

- To get in line with the other manuals just copy the complete
  folder "_make" like you find it here:

http://git.typo3.org/Documentation/TYPO3/Example/OfficialManual.git/tree/HEAD:/Documentation
  into your ./Documentation folder. We provide those "Makefile"s
  as a service to anyone who likes to build the documentation at
  home:

  $ cd .../_make
  $ make html

  Or, on Windows, click make-html.bat ;-)

Hhm, hope I've remembered everything ...

Really good, how fast docs.typo3.org is now evolving!

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de