[TYPO3-doc] setting up reST rendering server (Debian Linux)

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Dec 18 14:14:44 CET 2012

Hi Michael,

> At the end of the page I asked myself... "and now?" A new (empty) reST
> project has been created with Sphinx - that's great... but what should I
> do now to trigger the conversion reST ->  HTML? Where should I put the
> reST files?

If you have followed the whole setup you should be ready to do some
rendering. The ReST is in the Git repository of the manual you want to
render. Go to where you cloned it locally and move to
"Documentation/_make". There just type "make html", for example, to
render to HTML. The rendered stuff will be in "build/html", which you
can then view in your browser.

HTH