[TYPO3-doc] GIT howto preview Tutorials - here: doc_tut_editors

Henning Nelihsen hn at maixit.de
Tue Dec 18 12:49:00 CET 2012

hello Francois,

Am 17.12.2012 um 21:14 schrieb François Suter:

> Hi Henning,
>
>> so where do all those little icons come from ;-?
>
> I'm afraid I still don't understand what you mean. Are you talking about the icons that make up the TYPO3 interface? You want to have some direct access to those files? They are part of the TYPO3 Core, as PNG files. But they do not exist at higher resolutions, so I'm not sure how this would help.
this issue has an absolut minor priority … thx for picking it up again. I don't want to steel anybodies time and my question is quite simple:

because the icons are part of the TYPO3 Core as PNG files, they must have been produced with some image processing software before. Who's work is this (and it's a great job) and if they exist, *where* do the source files exist - as far as I know they are not part of the TYPO3 Core.

> Could you maybe give a precise example of a screenshot you are unhappy with and how you would like to improve it?
maybe it's off topic here and I will ask in the design group some day, but it has an documentation related background:
In some cases screenshots of small icons are not good readable or not practical to print out, for example the "question mark " in help [1] does not come well … and people do print out the manual and use them physically on the desktop.

--
Gruss, Henning

[1] http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/EditorsTutorial/Login/Help/Index.html