[TYPO3-doc] GIT howto preview Tutorials - here: doc_tut_editors

Henning Nelihsen hn at maixit.de
Mon Dec 17 14:39:30 CET 2012

hello François,

Am 17.12.2012 um 14:06 schrieb François Suter:

>> my experience is, that doc_tut_quickstart is in complete too much to beginners, and doc_tut_editors does not cover enough issues.
>
> I understand.
>
>> So, as it's OK with you, I will go one with doc_tut_editors … perhaps it's possible to use identical passages in both tutorials?
>
> I don't think it's possible, but our Sphinx Master may have another opinion.
>
> Maybe it's a question of moving things the other way around. If some parts of Getting Started make more sense in the Editors tutorial, they could be moved there. In general I would strive to avoid duplication, but this may not always be possible of course.
OK, perhaps I understood the the task too literally, but the screenshots would not be the same in both tutorials:

"The screenshots could be renewed for the newest TYPO3 version.
Make them with the introduction package and take care to use an editor user, not an admin.
That way you only see the items, which an editor can see."

I will keep the ball low and soon make some suggestions of what I understood … approximately next year ;)

> What do you mean? Which icons? From the TYPO3 Core?
yes, the icons for new pages, records, etc… the question mark for example is to small to make a reasonable screenshot of.

Thank You for helping me with my questions and I see forward contributing to this team …

Gruss, Henning