[TYPO3-doc] GIT howto preview Tutorials - here: doc_tut_editors

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Dec 17 14:06:17 CET 2012

Hi,

> my experience is, that doc_tut_quickstart is in complete too much to beginners, and doc_tut_editors does not cover enough issues.

I understand.

> So, as it's OK with you, I will go one with doc_tut_editors … perhaps it's possible to use identical passages in both tutorials?

I don't think it's possible, but our Sphinx Master may have another opinion.

Maybe it's a question of moving things the other way around. If some
parts of Getting Started make more sense in the Editors tutorial, they
could be moved there. In general I would strive to avoid duplication,
but this may not always be possible of course.

>>> BTW we have rules for Git commit messages [1]. They are originally for the TYPO3 Core, but we follow them for documentation patches too.
>
> and sorry for the incomplete commit message, I will improve myself next time

No worries, I just wanted to inform you.

> overall I want to say, that documentation rules are very well "documented" , and it was as ease to get connected to your ideas and goals.

Cool :-)

> and one more simple question: Where do I get high resolutions of the icons ->  to use them for improved screenshots?

What do you mean? Which icons? From the TYPO3 Core?