[TYPO3-caretaker] Register an Operation correctly?

Tomas Norre Mikkelsen tomasnorre at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 13:37:42 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm about to extend caretaker_instance (0.4.0 - version from git [1])
with some services that tells if there are any files at the remote
server which have not been commited to version control system like svn
or git.

I have created following files:

caretaker_instance/services/class.tx_caretakerinstance_VersionControlTestService.php
caretaker_instance/services/ds.tx_caretakerinstance_VersionControlTestService.xml
caretaker_instance/classes/class.tx_caretakerinstance_Operation_VersionControl.php

Furthermore I added the following to --

FILE: caretaker_instance/ext_localconf.php

// Register default caretaker Operations
$operations = array(
   'GetPHPVersion',
   'GetTYPO3Version',
   'GetExtensionVersion',
   'GetExtensionList',
   'GetRecord',
   'GetFilesystemChecksum',
   'MatchPredefinedVariable',
   'CheckPathExists',
   'VersionControl', // New line to include my new VC operation
);

FILE: caretaker_instance/ext_conf_include.php

tx_caretaker_ServiceHelper::registerCaretakerService($_EXTKEY,
'services', 'tx_caretakerinstance_VersionControl', 'FILE -> Check
versioning system', 'Check is version control system is up to date.');

My service is registered and I can call it, but when I do (with these
lines):

   $operations[] = array('VersionControl', array('system' => 'svn'));
   $commandResult = $this->executeRemoteOperations($operations);

I get the following error:

array (
   0 => tx_caretakerinstance_OperationResult::__set_state( array(
     'status' => false,
     'value' => 'Operation [VersionControl] unknown',
   )),
)

How do I register an Operation correctly? Is there anything obvious I am
missing? I tried to debug the process and figure it out, but no luck so
far. I hope someone here can help me.

Bonus info: Caretaker is taking care of it self - the local and remote
server is the same.

[1] https://github.com/TYPO3-Caretaker/caretaker_instance
--
Best Regards