[TYPO3-caretaker] Selenium was: Re: Welcome

Georg Kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Tue Feb 9 00:23:03 CET 2010

Hello Martin,

Martin Ficzel wrote:
> Hi Georg,
> we use a selenium IDE-Format Configuration File which is included in the
> lib Folder of the caretaker_selenium extension. Afterwards we use the
> Firefox Selenium IDE for creating the Tests.

Well hidden secret - Thanks for the tip!
Gonna test it ASAP;

>> 2.) We normaly structure our tests so that certain parts like
>> reset-test-env, login, logout are written only once and included by each
>> single functional test. Do you see a chance to to do the same for the
>> caretaker selenium-tests ?
>
> Do you mean you have external parts inside the tests? I have no clue yet
> how to do this but it should be perfectly possible. For instance we
> could add an include file statement to the test-configuration.
> Regards Martin

See my other mail on the subject; I'm thinking of splitting the tests up
into various functional parts, which then can be grouped together to one
(or more) differen tests in the backend. (think of repeated actions like
login/logout ...).

regards georg