[TYPO3-caretaker] Selenium was: Re: Welcome

Georg Kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Sun Feb 7 18:21:27 CET 2010

Ahoi Martin,

> This extension provides an integration of selenium test-servers wich are
> created as TYPO3-Records and a selenium testservice which is running
> testservices in a custom configuration-language.
>
> Selenium Test Syntax:
> selenium_command: Comment when this step fails
> - argument 1
> - argument 2
> next_selenium_command: ....
> Additionall you add @resetTimer @startTime and @stopTimer commands
> between selenium commands which will influence the timetracking for the
> result value and the warning and error-time evaluation.
> So please share your feedback and ideas with us.
> Regards, Martin

I meanwhile found the time to successfully test the selenium
functionality with the selenese format described above - a few small
tests worked out fine.

However two questions arose while testing:

1.) How you do you guys create your tests and convert it into this
special format. So far we create our tests with Selenium IDE and eigther
  ran them via Selenium-Core (HTML SELENESE) or via Selenium-Server with
the generated PHP code.
Question arising is: how do you convert your tests into the special
format required by caretaker-selenium?

2.) We normaly structure our tests so that certain parts like
reset-test-env, login, logout are written only once and included by each
single functional test. Do you see a chance to to do the same for the
caretaker selenium-tests ?

Thanks upfront, regards georg