[TYPO3-caretaker] RFC: caretaker_instance mass installation

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Tue Aug 24 23:57:22 CEST 2010

Am 24.08.10 23:47, schrieb Christoph Moeller:
> Christoph Moeller schrieb:
>> I just don't get how to use that test without applying it to some
>> random instance and then run it from there (which works, after all) -
>> this makes no sense IMO if we just want to check if all given
>> instances are fully created and get a list of new ones to create.
>>
>> Is there a way to run the test manually or by a scheduler task (didn't
>> find one) and get its output? Or store it to the registry?
>
> Never mind, I got it sorted out in a practicable way:
> I created a monitoring instance for the local master, itself, and added
> the test there. Which kind of all makes sense now :)
>
> The list of missing instances is then saved in
> tx_caretaker_lasttestresult and could be used from within a new
> extension that creates the missing records.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that might work well.

Quite exatly what i meant in the parallel post :-).

I'm not shure weather tx_caretaker_lasttestresult is the best way since
i'm still thinking about how we could store the test plain data in a
more convenient way for the developers. What we have now is more or less
intended to add some data to the result messages and will stay so you
can use it.

I hope we will hear about your results. It's always interesting to see
what others are doing with our toy.

Regards Martin