[TYPO3-caretaker] Welcome

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Fri Nov 27 15:29:41 CET 2009

Am 25.11.09 20:42, schrieb Georg Kuehnberger:
> Thomas et al,
>
> Thanks for having kicked-off, designed & coded this project.
>
> Having started something similar (though only gathering basic T3,
> Apache, PHP & T3-EXT versions, based on remotesurvey) in order to
> monitor the code-based security of distributed T3-Client-Instances, I've
> discarded the further developement of our puppy after discovering your
> concept and code-base (some month ago);
>
> I'm especially interested in and could offer collaboration on:
> - adding new services (especially for checking T3-instances against a
> centrally or distributed list of insecure extensions);
> - functional testing via Selenium

Hi Georg,

we're happy to hear that others start using caretaker. We are interessted in any kind of
contribution. Since you already use selenium i would like to get some feedback, tutorials
or documentation regarding the caretaker_selenium extension.

This extension provides an integration of selenium test-servers wich are created as
TYPO3-Records and a selenium testservice which is running testservices in a custom
configuration-language.

Selenium Test Syntax:

selenium_command: Comment when this step fails
- argument 1
- argument 2
next_selenium_command: ....

Additionall you add @resetTimer @startTime and @stopTimer commands between selenium
commands which will influence the timetracking for the result value and the warning and
error-time evaluation.

So please share your feedback and ideas with us.

Regards, Martin