[TYPO3-caretaker] About result storing

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Thu Nov 19 21:38:13 CET 2009

I'm currently thinking about the result storing.

The current solution causes many db-log entries which will in turn cause
db-trouble sooner or later.

I see the following options:

1. Save results only when state or values change. This wont help on
pimng or http tests but many of the other tests will mostly return
exactly the same result. Doing this on test and aggregator results will
cause less entries but we cannot optimize the db-queries since we do'nt
know wich db ts-range has to be scanned.

2. Another option is what we currently do on the testresult table. You
set an timerange wich will be included in the getLastestResult query and
optimized by a specialized db-index which includes the timestamp.

I'm currently not shure what will be the best solution for the future so
i'm asking for feedback here. Maybe you have aditional points for
optimizing the storing of the test and aggregator results.

Regards Martin