[TYPO3-caretaker] #5179 Code cleanup

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Tue Nov 10 12:43:13 CET 2009

Martin Kuster schrieb:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm currently working on adding some notification stuff. (Sadly with not
> as much time as expected..)
>
> One of the main issues I have thereby, is that the code is often a mess,
> weird formated and the phpDocs are incomplete and sometimes even wrong.
>
> I'm not sure if you are used to the code so much that you aren't
> bothered by that, but for me it's often very time-consuming to find what
> I need.
>
> So I would propose to push #5179 to get a clean codebase before
> implementing any newstuff.
> And if there is a chance to get a patch in, I would gladly spend some
> hours to run my ZS formater over the code, to manually check the
> phpDoc's and to move all files to there appropriate folder. (E.g all
> interfaces into ../interfaces/)
>
> What do you think?
> Or is there already a defined timeline, when you want to do the cleanup?

Hello Martin,

we originally planned to do the code cleanup in the next two weeks. But it's not shure
when we will really find the time. In general we plan to use the TYPO3 4 CGL in future.
The most non CGL compliant code is from me because i did'nt knew the CGLs when i started
coding.

So if you want to take the task i would gladly accept such a patch. We just have to
coordinate the timeframe that no big changes are sceduled during that time. Since you will
change nearly every file in caretaker the patch will otherwise create a lot of conflicts.

Regards Martin