[TYPO3-caretaker] Trouble creating a caretaker instance

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Dec 15 21:44:43 CET 2009

Hi,

> I created a bug about it here (it's realy not a bug in caretaker):
>
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/5516

Success! :-) (at least on my local machine, the server will have to wait
until tomorrow).

The advice on the PHP page about openssl installation is indeed right:
the problem was that a valid openssl.cnf file was missing. Funnily
enough I couldn't find a single such file on my Mac, although ZendServer
pretends to have installed PHP with openssl support. Actually openssl
can work, but the openssl.cnf is necessary when trying to generate
public/private key pairs.

What I finally did is the following:

1) I installed openssl using MacPorts
2) I created a symbolic link from the place where PHP expected the
openssl.cnf to be (in my case /usr/local/zend/ssl/) to where it actually
was (/opt/local/etc/openssl/).

After that I could generate the key pair for the caretaker instance. As
a bonus it solved a problem which had been bugging me for a few days: I
couldn't log into my local TYPO3 dev install using rsaauth. Quite
logically the cause was the same.

I will add a note to the bugtracker issue with pretty much was I said
here. I think this situation should be described in the caretaker manual.

Again, thanks for your pointer Michiel, you made a happy man tonight ;-)

--

Francois Suter