[TYPO3-caretaker] Trouble creating a caretaker instance

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Dec 15 20:47:25 CET 2009

Hi Michiel,

> I have the exact same problem on multiple hosts. Some hosting providers
> have a broken PHP install.
>
> I created a bug about it here (it's realy not a bug in caretaker):
>
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/5516

Thanks for the feedback. This is pretty interesting and I'll dig into
what you mention in the bug report. Indeed I get this bug on a dedicated
server, so we could intervene to correct the openssl configuration. I
hope we can sort this out.

Interestingly enough I now observed the bug also on my new laptop, on
which I tried to install the Apache/MySQL/PHP stack using ZendServer,
just like the dedicated server mentioned above. It's a bit worrying to
think that a PHP distro by Zend themselves should be broken :-(

So I'll dig into this both on my local machine and the server and hope I
can solve the issue. I'll report back.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter