[TYPO3-caretaker] EXT caretaker_server requirements suggestions

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Wed Dec 2 19:44:01 CET 2009

Georg Kuehnberger schrieb:
> Ahoi Martin et al,
>
> I had a short review of the manual & the latest SVN commits, and like to
> suggest the below two additions.
> regards Georg
> PS: In case I should have used the bugtracker @ fore, pls. let me know.
>
> a) you might want to add: css_styled_content and caretaker_instance as
> dependencies (or suggests) in ext_emconf.php of caretaker_server.
> - caretaker_instance for the caretaker-server key-generation (needed)

Hi Georg,

the caretaker system can work completely without the caretaker_instance.
We have a setup running with only external test-services so it makes
sense to keep caretaker instance optional.

> - css_styled_content for FE-Display (optionaly)

Same here. Not every caretaker-server needs a frontend.

We will discuss the adding of those dependencies internally. It could
make sene to set them since it will fit the needs of the most users.

> b) you might wanna add the php-module requirements (like SSL)
> - eighther during installation (how?) or first execution of the
> caretaker_server backend-module (by testing of php-function existance),
> - and for sure pls. add it to the documentation.

The documentation is currently WIP we are very happy that we have found
a volunteer for writing it but it is not finished yet. Adding a
php-module check to the update method is a good idea. I doubt that i can
set module dependencies in ext-configuration, so a php check could at
least create a better error message.

Regards Martin