[TYPO3-performance] SEO-Urls and Performance

Jonas Eberle jonas.eberle at d-mind.de
Mon Dec 15 17:18:33 CET 2014

Hi Stephan,

thank you for your input.

Am 15.12.2014 um 11:23 schrieb Stephan Schuler:
> You should really tell some numbers to clarify what's a high load page for you.
We hope to get concrete data this week of the current website. The
optimization needs to get page generation times down for any page,
though. Even a clean Typo3 can easily get to 1000ms in low-load
situations. These 1000ms are our upper limit for all pages in all
situations, though.
> I can't tell you any of mine because I don't know them. But whoever is willing to compare his performance with yours might need those numbers.
> What's the 25ms for? For one page load? For 1000 typolinks generated?
That's for a single generated link. On a site with low load.
> We use realurl exclusively. We tried other mapping mechanisms every now and then but usually at some point there are some missing features that realurl just provides. I can't tell you any specifics because it's been quite some time now since we last checked, but I know that's usually the reason to stick to realurl.
Thank you for that input. We'll check after initial development if we
can get away with it.
> Did you find out if it's realurl or the typolink itself? Did you get real performance improvements when disabling realurl completely just to find out if it *can* get any better at all?
With deactivated realurl performance went up (less time to generate the
page). It had a near-linear relation with the number of generated links.
Even with just some menu links displayed in a 'clean' (Typo3 with
bootstrap-distribution package) an enabled realurl is noticable.
> I tend to introduce lots of caching wherever possible.
Thank you. Especially for your examples. That is how we will tackle our
bottlenecks as well but we hope to do searching without solr.

Regards,
Jonas

Neu: Portal Region Stuttgart - www.region-stuttgart.de
Neu: emobil-in-bw.de
Neukunde: Statistisches Landesamt BaWü
--------------------------------
d-mind bei Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/werbeagentur.internetagentur.stuttgart
d-mind
Fuchs/Weiß/Strobel GbR
Mörikestraße 69
70199 Stuttgart
Tel.: +49 711 280481-1 (Durchwahl: -18)
Fax: +49 711 2804813
Inhaber: Jens Fuchs, Michael Weiß, Jens Strobel
www.d-mind.de