[TYPO3-performance] SEO-Urls and Performance

Stephan Schuler Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Mon Dec 15 11:23:54 CET 2014

Hey there.

You should really tell some numbers to clarify what's a high load page for you.
I can't tell you any of mine because I don't know them. But whoever is willing to compare his performance with yours might need those numbers.
What's the 25ms for? For one page load? For 1000 typolinks generated?

We use realurl exclusively. We tried other mapping mechanisms every now and then but usually at some point there are some missing features that realurl just provides. I can't tell you any specifics because it's been quite some time now since we last checked, but I know that's usually the reason to stick to realurl.

Did you find out if it's realurl or the typolink itself? Did you get real performance improvements when disabling realurl completely just to find out if it *can* get any better at all?

I tend to introduce lots of caching wherever possible.
When rendering list views a single list element can be easily cached as a section.
If it's database backed list views, the list view itself can be completely cached, too, because you just know when the list content changes -- whenever somebody adjusts the database. Cache clearing based on data handler is done automatically.
Combine those: Each list element can be cached based on the actual item rendered, the list as a whole can be cached based on the table. This results in cache clearing not to clear *everything* but only a small fraction.
If it's e.g. solr backed where you simply don't know when your results change, then you might need to stick to section wise caching. But that *could* be enough.

If it's really a heavy load page, there might be no reason to clear caches *every tick*. Think about e.g. some kind of contest game where fe_users vote for something. You don't need to clear a single objects cache whenever a new vote goes in if that happens multiple times per second. Set up e.g. varnish and tell it to cache at least 2 or 5 seconds.

You see, I never thought about moving away from realurl because of performance reasons. If it's realurl to slow my page down I tend to rethink if that amount of link creations are really wanted and usefull.

Regards,

Stephan Schuler
Web-Entwickler | netlogix Media

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Web: media.netlogix.de

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
IT-Services | IT-Training | Media
Neuwieder Straße 10 | 90411 Nürnberg
Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0 | Fax: +49 (911) 539909 - 99
E-Mail: info at netlogix.de | Web: http://www.netlogix.de

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt