[TYPO3-performance] Scaling TYPO3 horizontally

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Fri Jun 28 22:46:59 CEST 2013

Hi.

here come two very basic use cases...

On 28.06.2013 22:17 Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Where are you letting TYPO3 cache your data? Redis? Memcache?
> File-Based? A mix?

For my personal TYPO3+timtab based blog I serve static files using
EXT:nc_staticfilecache [1]
Technically, pages get stored as html files on disk and are served by
mod_rewrite rules (relying on realurl turned on).
For the simple purpose of my blog (~200 req/day), this works pretty
straightforward, is easy to install and does not demand 3rd party
applications. The blog is far from high traffic, but visitors with
narrow bandwidth have noticeable benefit.

For a mobile WebApp, I use varnish in fornt of TYPO3, controlled with a
slightly customized version of EXT:moc_varnish.
The WebApp does not provide SSL, so no hassle here.

[1] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/nc_staticfilecache
[2] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/moc_varnish

--
cheers,