[TYPO3-performance] Deleting pages in Backend extremely slow

abo at schmutt.de abo at schmutt.de
Thu Oct 4 11:26:10 CEST 2012

Hello,

I have a very special performance problem in a big typo3 (>100.000
pages) installation, version 4.5.4:

Deleting of pages is extremly slow: >30sec,
Often backend completely timed out. I get then this red overlay, I
think it is some kind of timeout:
Connection Problem
Sorry, but an error occurred while connecting to the server. Please
check your network connection.

Other page operations like create, move, edit, rename are OK.
Well, not fast but OK, Firebug shows between 500ms and 3,5s.

Database is OK, mysql slow requests doesn't show anything.
PHP Memory limit is on 256M on dev server, and 512M on live server,
both have this problem
Deprecation log is OK

You can help me, if you know anything to catch that bug.
Is there any logging, performance tool for the backend? If you can
tell me where the "delete pages" code is running, I can add some debug
messages by myself.

As the server is usually OK, there must be any stupid thing, extension
or someting starting lots of requests when deleting pages. Actually we
have solr under suspicion, but we can't find anything atm.

Or if you have any other idea, let me know!

Thanks,
Andrea Schmuttermair