[TYPO3-performance] TYPO3 4.4 Backend/JavaScript Performance on IE7/8 on older PCs

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 00:17:51 CEST 2010

Am 02.07.2010 14:37, schrieb Steffen Gebert:
> Are you really using the 4.4.0 final?

Ye, quite sure so.

Well, the client I'm talking about is a government department (kinda)
and I think they got really old PCs, slow CPU, little RAM etc.
(And I really mean OLD!)

In general, should TYPO3 4.4 be faster, slower or the same as 4.3?
On my development environment (patched 4.2 to 4.3 to 4.4) saving
records in the backend seem slower. (But that might be NOT JS.)

Saving a text /w image element takes 5 seconds, opening 2 seconds,
running on a virtual private server - so no standard "web package".

Did the backend change in any way consuming more RAM maybe?
I think the client's machines are on low RAM and that's maybe
the reason it takes longer to open records etc. They told me
it takes 20 seconds sometimes to open/save records. (But I'm
not quite sure what exactly takes that long - the client just
told me "it's slow" etc.)

Not sure what to do so, I did a downgrade for now.

Thanks a lot,
Thomas