[TYPO3-performance] TS-Rendering - IMG_RESOURCE - 622 ms - Solution

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Fri Sep 25 21:33:35 CEST 2009

> mtime is enough imho. Anytime you change the pic, mtime change too. So
> this is the cheapest check and the only needed.
> If you don't agree, give me an example where mtime change and file is
> identical.

Open the file in Photoshop
change something
save the file
revert the change because you noticed it was wrong
save the file
=>
different mtime
same content

:-)

The question is: What will be better performancewise - always create a new
file, even if the content still is the same or check for different content
after the check for different mtime returned "true"?

Anyway both variants will be better than checking the content of each file
without checking mtime before.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian