[TYPO3-Performance] General questions

Mathias Schreiber [TYPO3] mathias at typo3.org
Wed Jul 30 15:06:51 CEST 2008

Hi guys,

since most of you are interested in performance tuning of TYPO3 I guess,
I wanted to ask some quick questions in order to get this thing going.

1) Bottleneck
    What do you think is the bottleneck in your installations?
    1.a) Apache Webserver + PHP
    1.b) MySQL Server

2) Tuning needed
    2.a) Generating the pages
    2.b) Fetching pages from DB cache

3) Does your website use Logins?
    3.a) no
    3.b) yes, a little (stuff <10% of the pags goes here)
    3.c) yes, quite a lot
    3.d) our website requires a login for most of its content

4) Do you NEED USER_INT objects on your pages?
    4.a) yes
    4.b) yes, but I could handle this via AJAX and eID
    4.c) no, but I have them because I was lazy at some point
    4.d) no
    4.e) USER_WHAT?

5) Workflow in general
If I find a flaw, what do I do?
Do I write a patch?
If so, when will it be checked?
If checked, when will it be applied?

THis list could of course be continued like forever but I gues if you
read the first few things you get the point...

--
T3A AM
Rocking TYPO3 since 3.1b1