[TYPO3-Performance] ab failed requests

Martin Scholl ms at diskware.net
Tue Dec 23 17:00:42 CET 2008

Hello Dan,

Dan Osipov wrote:
> I'm trying to optimize this server for high load, that's why I'm running
> these tests. So I certainly want to know why I overloaded the server :)
BTW there is a nice introductory tutorial at typo3.org about typo3
performance tuning. Have you already done the steps described there?

> Here is my Apache config:
> <IfModule mpm_worker_module>
>      StartServers           128
>      MaxClients            3456
>      MinSpareThreads         16
>      MaxSpareThreads        164
>      ThreadsPerChild         64
>      MaxRequestsPerChild  10000
> </IfModule>
>
> Anything look wrong?
Looks ok. What is your ServerLimit set to?

> During the tests the memory usage peaks at about 33% of available
> memory, which I would expect to go to 100% for this kind of load...
Depends on... :-) We have typo3 clusters running at ~15% memory
utilization even under medium load.
The memory utilization of typo3 is roughly ~60mb per process in real
world scenarios. You will need much more apache processes waiting to run
to saturate a modern server.

Hope it helps...,
Martin