[TYPO3-Performance] ab failed requests

Martin Scholl ms at diskware.net
Tue Dec 23 08:31:41 CET 2008

Hello all,

Dan Osipov wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've been testing TYPO3 installation under relatively high load, and see
> some problems with ab. There are a lot of failed requests. I have Apache
> running with mod_fcgid under Debian. The server is fairly fast - 16Gb
> RAM, Quad core Xeon processor, etc.
>
> Anyone run into a similar issue? I'm pretty sure its my Apache set up,
> but I can't pinpoint what exactly is wrong. Its operating well for a few
> requests, but as soon as there are several concurrent users, it usually
> fails...
>
> Here is a typical ab output:
>
> Server Software:        Apache/2.2.3
> Server Hostname:        localhost
> Server Port:            80
>
> Document Path:          /
> Document Length:        99906 bytes
>
> Concurrency Level:      100
sometimes you don't get an error message in the logfiles. This happens
when for example there is a connection timeout.
With such a high concurrency like 100, this can easily happen if you
haven't optimized your server's software configuration.

Try it again with a lower concurrency (e.g. 25) again and see what happens.

Martin

[snip]