[TYPO3-Performance] Where to put the "meat"?

georg kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Thu Aug 14 10:37:02 CEST 2008

Dan Osipov wrote:
> Writing static files makes sense, however, we are moving towards more
> personalized content, that is constantly updating, so this is against
> what we're doing... We are planning to rely on Typo3 caching as well as
> PHP accelerators.
>
> Our servers are fairly good, with several Quad core processors and up to
> 16 Gb of RAM. We just need to decide if we want to put them towards
> handling MySQL tasks or PHP?

IMHO: put them (cpu & mem - Ressources) on PHP, where they will be
needed more;

in addition:
a) (as Olivier stated) using nginx, squid or whatever rev proxy will
massively releave your apaches at virtually no cost.

b) as for the db you might also consider the commercial version of
sequoia www.continuent.com which we recently made excellent experience with.

regards georg