[TYPO3-Performance] db-performance-issue

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Aug 6 16:40:39 CEST 2008

Hi!

Patrick Gaumond wrote:
> Mathias Schreiber [TYPO3] wrote:
>
>> This is a tough strategic decision...
>> If we are "enterprise", we may not care about crappy ISPs.
>> If we are "working on every 5 buck webspace", we're not enterprise.
>
> Amen to that !
>
> This is something that annoyed me for a long time.
>
> Should Oracle or Siebold or SAP listen to people complaining that their
> solutions don't work on a 5$/month ISP ?

No :) It is like complaining that a typical village field cannot accept a Boeing.

> To use TYPO3 you must:
> Use PHP 5.2 (understood)
> Use MySQL 5.x (understood)
> Need access to your own php.ini ?

Not really (if your admin can install eAccelerator)

> Need at least 64 MB for PHP ?

More than that if you want to use EM :)

> Full root access to your MySQL server ?

Not necessary unless you want to optimize MySQL yourself.

> Where can we draw the line and be able to state: "If you don't have
> these requirements, please use a CMS. TYPO3 is a ECMS and we mean it".

I'd say that TYPO3 should not be used on shared hosting. Shared hosting is too low for TYPO3.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team