[TYPO3-Performance] General questions

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Aug 5 15:17:38 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> 4.2 has a rootline cache and I have an even more improved version of the
>> caching mechanism (local for a script run).
>>
>> Ingo has suggested a global rootline tree cache for 4.3.
>
> We could also use nested sets method to speed up rootline query. This
> will not work with mount points but we could get the whole rootline with
> a single query!

Once somebody brought the idea in typo3.dev I suggested to implement
this as a TCA feature (ie a flag that says that this table has along the
pid also fields for a nested set). There was little interest

But you point out the one major flaw of nested sets and the page table.
Mount points and nested sets don't go well together. Maybe the recursion
required for mount points can be delegated to a stored procedure :-)

>> As Dmitry said it is built-in into the authentication code. I tried to
>> understand, but I failed miserably. I don't get the idea of how the code
>> is supposed to work.
>
> It is possible only with debugger :( Stepping and re-stepping...

And this made you understand it? Amazing.

Masi