[TYPO3-Performance] General questions

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Aug 5 14:01:08 CEST 2008

Hi!

Ingo Renner wrote:
> You should already know that this is an absolutly no-go as it breaks too
> may things. What's more is that we have a solution at hand ... my tree
> cache patch...

It breaks mount points, nothing else as far as I can see. But even that is questionable because MPs can be post-processed.

Tree cache patch also causes many questions if I remember correctly. Does it cache the rootline? I thought it caches only results of a query in tslib_pibase.

> I think it's ok to have expensive operations, as long as their results
> are cached.

Too many expensive operations running at the same time may kill the server. I'd better optimize to make these operations inexpensive ;)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team